Thursday, August 16, 2012

Company is welcome!

Some people have asked me if they could join the Ride to Read and ride the course with me, and the answer is yes! Here are some details in case you or someone you know is interested:

  • Cyclists may join me for any part of the ride. It could be 5 miles, it could be a branch-to-branch section, or it could be 60 miles.
  • In order to ride, please make a donation. You may collect sponsorships for yourself or give an amount of your choice.
  • A complete, mile-by-mile map of the course can be found at this link (Please note that it takes a long time to load - there are lots of viewing options, such as terrain and topography):  
  • The Library van will make periodic stops along the course to advertise the ride and provide limited assistance, if needed. The van will not be able to shuttle you back to a previous point on the course.
  • The owner of Rock-N-Root Cycle in Andover has offered to ride with me and provide mechanical assistance, if needed.
  • The pace will probably be slow.  I'll have a good idea of the approximate miles per hour after some of my long training rides in the coming weeks.
  • The ride will begin at 9 am on Wednesday, September 19th (rain date Wednesday, September 26th).
  • I plan on stopping at each branch for about 30 minutes.
  • I'm guessing that with the stops, the entire ride will take about 7 1/2 hours.
  • Neither the Friends of the Library nor the Warren County Library can be held accountable for any illness or injury that you may experience during the ride.

If you have further questions, you can post a comment here on the blog, email me at reference@warrenlib.org, or call the library at 908-475-6322.

No comments:

Post a Comment