Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Only One Day To Go!

Thanks to Tammy for letting me borrow this great bike!
Do you know that song at the end of the first act of Les Miserables when the entire cast sings "One Day More"? Well, that song has been playing in my head all day today.

After 2 and a half months of training (totaling 488 miles biked, run, and hiked!), the Ride to Read is only 1 day away.

I've gone from a recreational mountain biker to a road rider, gotten to see places in Warren County that I never knew about before, and I hope that this ride has made people aware that there is a lot more going on at the library than just reading! As of tonight, I have raised about $2,000, which will go a long way to furnish the new library building. Thank you so much to all of the library users, community members, coworkers, and friends and family who have helped publicize the event and  have contributed time, donations, and moral support during my training.
Maybe I'll see you out on the course tomorrow!
For those who are visiting the library tomorrow, here are the approximate times that I'll be at each stop:


Leave Headquarters around 9 am.

Around 10:15, end Bridge Over the River Paulinskill section when arrive at the Catherine Dickson Hofman Branch. Leave at 11 for next section.

Around 12:30, end Fifty Shades of Death section when arrive at the Northeast Branch. Leave at 1:30 for next section.

Around 2:45, end How Green Was My Jackson Valley section when arrive at the Franklin Branch. Leave at 3:30 for next section.

Around 4:30, end Escape to Brass Castle Mountain section when arrive at the new Headquarters location (189 County Rd. 519).


Thank you to sponsor Riverside Designs and Apparel for printing up a Ride to Read shirt for me!




"One more dawn
One more day
One day more!"

No comments:

Post a Comment